***DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, THIS YEAR’S STAR CATCHER YOUNG WRITERS CONTEST WILL BE POSTPONED UNTIL POSSIBLY THE SPRING OF 2021. PLEASE COME BACK IN FEBRUARY 2021 FOR UPDATES ON THIS CONTEST. WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE AND LOOK FORWARD TO READING YOUR WONDERFUL STORIES IN THE FUTURE!***
Please review the Official Contest Rules (located at http://www.StoryCatcherPublishing.com) and this form. If you agree that your minor child may participate in the Star Catcher Young Writers Contest pursuant to the Official Contest Rules and the terms of this consent form, then please fill in the blanks and sign below. You can submit this form via the following two ways:
a) STAR CATCHER CONTEST
c/o Donna L Martin/Editor
Story Catcher Publishing
P O Box 27788
Knoxville, Tn 37927
b) http://www.StoryCatcherPublishing@gmail.com (Put participant’s name…i.e. MARTIN, DONNA L…and STAR CATCHER YOUNG WRITERS CONTEST in the subject line of the email.
**Cover letter and entire story should be included in the body of the email with signed guidelines form and signed parental consent form as an attachment.**
Parent/Guardian Name: ___________________________________ Date: _______________________
Minor Child’s Name: ________________________________________
By signing this Parental Consent Form:
1. I hereby agree that my minor child may participate in the Star Catcher Young Writers Contest being conducted by Story Catcher Publishing, which will take place from October 7th, 2019 through November 15, 2019, and irrevocably grant my permission and authorize for Story Catcher Publishing to include my minor child’s full name and age in advertising, marketing, publicity and promotion related to the Contest, and to reproduce and publish the same throughout the universe in perpetuity, in any and all media now known or hereinafter devised. I further agree that the Contest, my minor child’s participation in the Contest and all of the Contest elements, including all stories, interviews (audio or written) or illustrations in connection with it, belong entirely and exclusively to Story Catcher Publishing, so that Story Catcher Publishing and its licensees and assigns may duplicate, distribute, broadcast, exhibit, or otherwise use the Contest, its elements, or related still photographs, without limitation or restriction throughout the universe in perpetuity. Story Catcher Publishing may edit and adapt my child’s participation as it deems appropriate.
2. I understand and agree that neither I nor my minor child will own any rights in the Contest or the Contest elements, or receive any monetary compensation relating thereto. I am granting Story Catcher Publishing a free, non-exclusive, irrevocable license to use and commercialize all of writings, illustrations, or otherwise as Story Catcher Publishing may desire. I acknowledge that Story Catcher Publishing shall have no obligation at all to use my minor child’s name, likeness, interviews of my minor child, or refer to my minor child in the Contest or the Contest elements, except to list the winners’ names in a blog post on the Story Catcher Publishing website after the completion of the Star Catcher Young Writers Contest.
3. I agree that neither I nor my minor child shall make any claims against Story Catcher Publishing based upon distribution or exploitation of the material or the Contest and its elements to which I have consented on behalf of my minor child. I release Story Catcher Publishing and its licensees and assigns from any and all claims and liabilities whatsoever that may occur in relation to or arising from my minor child’s participation in the Contest, from any stories submitted to the Contest, any interviews conducted or illustrations provided, and from showing, using or distributing such material. I agree that this Consent and Release will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Tennessee.
4. I confirm that I and my minor child live in the United States of America.
5. I agree that my minor child may participate in the Contest described in the Rules and is permitted to accept the prizes awarded to the winners.
6. I understand my minor child’s name and other information that I provide on behalf of or related to my minor child, as described in the Official Contest Rules, may be posted together with my minor child’s submission upon Story Catcher Publishing’s website or other public forum without any additional notice to or permission by me.
7. I hereby warrant that I am a legal, competent adult and a parent or legally appointed guardian of the minor child named above, and that I have every right to contract for the minor child in the above regard.
8. I certify and acknowledge that I have read, understood and agree to the Terms and Conditions set forth in the Official Contest Rules, and that I have read this Parental Consent Form prior to signing it; that I have the full authority to give my consent and release so my minor child may participate in the Story Catcher Young Writers Contest and that I consent to provide the information concerning my minor child that is necessary to enter the contest and to receive the prizes to be awarded.
Accordingly, and intending to be legally bound, I voluntarily agree to the terms set forth herein and acknowledge and agree that my minor child and myself are bound by these Official Contest Rules and I am bound by the terms of this Parental Consent. This release shall be binding upon my minor child, me, and our respective heirs, legal representatives, and assigns.
***Click on the link below to pull up a printable copy***