The STAR CATCHER CONTEST is sponsored by:
Story Catcher Publishing.
P O Box 27788
Knoxville, Tn 37927
Any questions regarding this contest should be directed to Donna L Martin at www.StoryCatcherPublishing@gmail.com.
1. The purpose of the STAR CATCHER CONTEST is to provide a publishing avenue for young writers, ages ten through eighteen, in order to spotlight young creative talent.
2. The secondary purpose of the annual STAR CATCHER CONTEST will be to provide a print edition of the anthology at below retail cost to winning entrants for their promotional and marketing purposes.
3. Story Catcher Publishing will also promote and make available for public purchase the eBook and print edition of the anthology.
1. A total of two hundred fifty (250) entries will be accepted for each contest.
2. This contest is open to all young writers within the ages of ten (10) years and eighteen (18) years old. Entrants must turn ten years old before Monday, October 7th, 2019 and remain eighteen years old by Friday, October 25th, 2019.
3. Work previously published in any copyrighted newspaper, magazine, book, blog, or other medium is ineligible. Writing for school publications may be entered. Entries must be the original work of the entrant.
4. Entrants may not seek the advice of a professional writer, editor, agent, or publisher before submitting to the contest or their entry will be disqualified.
5. Legal guardians of contest entrants must include a signed consent form and liability waiver for the young writer to participate in the STAR CATCHER CONTEST.
6. All entries must be considered “family-friendly” and may not include sex scenes, extreme violence, or vulgar language. Any entries containing such topics will be disqualified.
7. By submitting an entry to the contest, the entrant (and legal guardian) agree to abide by all contest rules.
8. Plagiarism, which includes the work of third-party poetry, song lyrics, characters or another person’s created worlds, without verifiable written permission, will result in immediate disqualification and a ban from any further Star Catcher Contest entries.
1. There will be a one-time, non-refundable, $5 entry fee, payable by money order or via Paypal, (email@example.com) due at time of entry submission. Payment must be verified before entry is accepted into the contest.
1. There will be five genre categories and three age groups (10-12, 13-15, & 16-18) per category with five winners announced in each category for a total of twenty-five (25) winners. The STAR CATCHER CONTEST categories are as follows:
1. The STAR CATCHER CONTEST begins Monday, October 7th, 2019 at 12:01 a.m. and ends on Friday, October 25th, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. or when a total of fifty (50) entries in each category has been received.
2. Any entries received before or after the Contest Period will be disqualified.
1. Digital entries entered through the website at http://www.StoryCatcherPublishing.com must be received between 12:01 a.m. Monday, October 7th, 2019 and 11:59 p.m. Friday, October 25th, 2019.
2. Snail mail entries must be date stamped after Sunday, October 6th, 2019, and must be received by Friday, October 25th, 2019.
3. No late entries will be accepted.
1. The judging panel of Story Catcher Publishing will be made of one or more published author.
2. All entries will be judged for originality and content.
3. At their discretion, Story Catcher Publishing may choose to invite other published authors to join the judging panel.
1. Winners and runners up will be announced on Monday, January 6th, 2020 on the Story Catcher Publishing blog.
2. A total of twenty-five (25) winners will selected for publication in an anthology by Story Catcher Publishing. Any runners up in each category may be selected for possible publishing rights to winning entries and runner up entries in perpetuity.
3. Winners in each category will be individually notified of the results by mail or email prior to Monday, January 6th, 2020.
4. All winners & runners up must provide a short bio (30 words) and any social links to be included in the anthology or on the Story Catcher Publishing blog.
1. Story Catcher Publishing promises to publish the winning entries in an anthology within twenty-four (24) months of winners being selected.
2. Winning entrants may choose to purchase print copies of the anthology at Story Catcher Publishing wholesale cost plus a fifty-cent processing fee per book ordered and any applicable shipping costs.
3. NO MANDATORY PURCHASE OF ANY COPIES ARE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN A CATEGORY IN THE STAR CATCHER CONTEST.
1. Prose entries must be between 750-1000 words in length. Entries with word counts below 750 or above 1000 will be automatically disqualified.
2. Entries submitted by paper copy must be typewritten or a computer printout in black ink on white paper, printed only on the front side of the paper, double-spaced and written in Times New Roman 12-point font. All other formats will be disqualified. Each entry must have a cover page with the title of the work, the author’s legal name, age, guardian’s legal name, address, telephone number, email address, and word count of entry.
3. Entries submitted electronically must be double-spaced and written in Times New Roman 12-point font. All other formats will be disqualified. Each entry must have a cover page with the title of the work, the author’s legal name, age, guardian’s legal name, address, telephone number, email address, and word count of entry.
4. For digital entries, in the subject line, please include THE CATEGORY__FIRST AND LAST NAME__AGE. (i.e. FANTASY__JANE SMITH__13)
5. Manuscripts will not be returned.
6. Only snail mail entries which do not require a delivery signature will be accepted.
7. Each entrant may only submit ONE manuscript per contest and must choose the best category for their entry.
8. All entries for each contest will be considered the entrant’s final submission. No revisions will be allowed.
9. Entries will be judged by published authors. The decisions of the judges are entirely their own. Those decisions are final and binding.
10. To send your entry electronically, go to www.StoryCatcherPublishing.com and select Star Catcher Contest to submit for entry guidelines.
11. To send your entry in hard copy, mail it to:
STAR CATCHER CONTEST
c/o Story Catcher Publishing
P O Box 27788
Knoxville, Tn 37927
RELEASE & LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
By participating in the STAR CATCHER CONTEST, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, and each of their respective parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising, and promotion agencies, other companies associated with the contest, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives, and agents (the Released Parties) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) including, but not limited to: (a) any technical errors associated with the contest, including lost, interrupted or unavailable Internet Service Provider (ISP), network, server, wireless service provider, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone, cellular tower or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the contest: (c) mechanical, network, electronic, computer, human, printing or typographical errors: (d) application downloads; (e) any other errors or problems in connection with the contest, including, without limitation, errors that may occur in the administration of the contest, the announcement of the winners or runners up, the cancellation or postponement of the event and, if applicable, the incorrect downloading of the application, the processing of entries application downloads or in any contest-related materials or (f) losses or damages of any kind, to person or property which may be caused directly or indirectly, in whole or part, from entrants participation in the contest or acceptance, receipt or misuse of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto). Entrant and legal guardian further agree that in any count of action, the Released Parties liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the contest, and in no event shall the entrant be entitled to receive attorney’s fees. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
Except where prohibited, each entrant and legal guardian agrees that any and all disputes, claims and cause of action arising out of, or connected with, the contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Tennessee. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official rules, entrants and legal guardian rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of Tennessee, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Tennessee.
OTHER LEGAL STUFF
ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.